Code of conduct
UBS Arena Code of Conduct
All guests are required to comply with this UBS Arena Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”). Any guest who violates this All guests are required to comply with this UBS Arena Code of Conduct (“Code of Conduct”). Any guest who violates this Code of Conduct may be subject to: (a) removal from UBS Arena and/or revocation of future tickets without refund, (b) a ban on attending future events, and/or (c) referral to law enforcement.
- Guests shall not impede or disrupt the event, athletes, or performers.
- Re-entry is not allowed at UBS Arena, including after being ejected.
- Guests shall not make physical contact with the stage or playing surface or shove the glass separating guests from the athletes.
- During sporting events, guests shall wait for a stoppage in play before entering or vacating the seating area.
- Guests shall not sit, stand, or congregate in the aisles, other than in the normal course of entering or vacating the seating area.
- At events where guests are encouraged to stand, guests shall respect the space and sightlines of other guests and remain in front of the assigned seat printed on their ticket.
- Guests shall not sit or stand in any seat other than the assigned seat printed on their ticket.
- Guests shall not enter any area of UBS Arena for which they lack permission, including but not limited to premium areas, suites, or areas restricted to athletes, performers, or UBS Arena personnel.
- Guests shall show their ticket to UBS Arena personnel upon request.
- Guests shall comply with posted signs and notices.
- Guests shall observe instructions from UBS Arena personnel concerning UBS Arena rules and procedures.
- Guests shall not obstruct the view or interfere with the enjoyment of other guests.
- Guests shall not climb on seats, bars, railings, or any other fixture, equipment, or amenity.
- Guests consuming alcohol must drink responsibly and comply with all laws and regulations.
- Guests shall not smoke at UBS Arena or the surrounding area, including but not limited to electronic, and/or vaping devices.
- Guests shall act in a respectful manner toward other guests and UBS Arena personnel.
- Guests shall not fight or shove anyone, and any unwanted touching is strictly prohibited.
- Guests shall not use profanities or indecent gestures.
- Guests shall not throw any objects, including but not limited to hurling items onto the playing surface or stage.
- Guests shall wear appropriate clothing at all times, including a shirt, bottoms, and shoes.
- Guests shall not wear inappropriate or offensive clothing.
- Guests shall not market, sell, or advertise any products or services at UBS Arena or the surrounding area.
- Guests shall not damage or deface UBS Arena.
- Guests shall report any unruly behavior to the nearest UBS Arena personnel.
UBS Arena thanks you for your cooperation with the Code of Conduct.
NHL Fan Code of Conduct
The NHL, our Member Clubs, and our Players believe that the best hockey experiences happen in environments that are inclusive, safe and respectful.
NHL fans play an important role in shaping these environments through the manner in which they support their teams and express their passion for the game. In this regard, we expect that fans also fully support the values of respect, inclusion and safety at all times through their words, actions, and interactions with other fans, arena staff, Club and event personnel, Players, Coaches and Officials while attending all NHL games and events.
Respect: Fans are expected to show respect for the game-day experience of others. This includes by refraining from foul or obscene language or behavior and any other consistent and/or pervasive conduct that could negatively impact other fans’ enjoyment of the game.
Inclusion: We are committed to ensuring that all NHL venues are inclusive and harassment-free environments for all fans. Language, gestures, behavior, clothing, signs, or other personal expressions that negatively reference or demean a specific race, ethnicity, gender/gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability status, or other identity-based characteristic will not be tolerated. Such conduct is strictly prohibited regardless of whether it directly or indirectly references a particular individual or a group of individuals.
Safety: The physical well-being of fans, Players, and arena staff is a top priority. Any disruptive, irresponsible, and/or illegal behaviors that threaten the physical well-being of others are forbidden. This includes participating in or instigating altercations (physical or verbal), throwing objects, or engaging in other inappropriate or destructive behaviors by reason of intoxication, chemical impairment, or otherwise.
Empowerment: If you experience or witness a violation of this Policy, we encourage you to promptly contact and advise a member of the guest services team or security personnel on-site at the event in question. NHL fans themselves are often the ones who are best positioned to foster, create and maintain respectful, inclusive and safe environments. If fans “see something,” they should “say something.”
UBS Arena Text Line: 202-UBS- HELP (202-827-4357)
Anyone who is determined to have engaged in conduct contrary to the values of the League, its Member Clubs and/or its Players, and which otherwise violates this Policy, will be subject to penalties including, but not limited to: possible seat relocation, ejection, suspension and/or a lifetime ban from future NHL events.
This Code applies at NHL arenas and all associated team premises, both indoors and outdoors, as well as at all League and/or Club sanctioned events.