1. When will UBS Arena open?
UBS Arena is on track to open as planned for the 2021-22 NHL season.
2. What is the capacity of UBS Arena?
UBS Arena is designed to hold up to 19,000. Capacities for different events will vary.
- NHL Capacity – ~17,000
- Concert Capacity – ~19,000
3. What is UBS?
UBS provides financial advice and solutions to wealthy, institutional and corporate clients worldwide, as well as private clients in Switzerland. UBS's strategy is centered on its leading global wealth management business and its premier universal bank in Switzerland, enhanced by Asset Management and the Investment Bank. The bank focuses on businesses that have a strong competitive position in their targeted markets, are capital efficient, and have an attractive long-term structural growth or profitability outlook.
UBS is present in all major financial centers worldwide. It has offices in more than 50 regions and locations, with about 30% of its employees working in the Americas, 31% in Switzerland, 19% in the rest of Europe, the Middle East and Africa and 20% in Asia Pacific. UBS Group AG employs over 68,000 people around the world. Its shares are listed on the SIX Swiss Exchange and the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE).
4. What are the key features of the new arena?
UBS Arena, made for music and built for hockey, is where boutique hospitality meets live entertainment. UBS Arena is poised to be one of the area’s – and the nation’s – most prestigious and inviting venues for musical acts of all genres, as well as other events and experiences to create the best and most unique party in town. Features include:
- VIP suites and clubs inspired by New York classics
- Two outdoor terraces open to all guests
- Eight bars with views of the stage/ice
- Great sightlines, loud and intimate bowl
- Highest resolution scoreboard in New York for ideal viewing in bowl
- In partnership with Oak View Group and the Azoff Company, UBS Arena is designed with artists in mind
5. What is Oak View Group?
Oak View Group (OVG) is a global sports and entertainment company founded by Tim Leiweke and Irving Azoff in 2015. OVG is focused on being a positive disruption to business as usual in the sports and live entertainment industry and currently has eight divisions across six global offices (Los Angeles, New York, London, Seattle, Austin, and Philadelphia). OVG is leading the development and operations of UBS Arena, as well as leading major global development projects in Seattle, WA, Austin, TX, Palm Springs, CA, Manchester, UK and Milan, Italy. OVG Global Partnerships, a division of OVG, is the sales and marketing arm responsible for selling across all OVG Arena Development projects. OVG Global Partnerships has successfully sold four world-class naming rights deals in the past nine months - Moody Center (Austin), Subaru Park (Philadelphia), Climate Pledge Arena (Seattle), and UBS Arena (New York).
6. How will UBS Arena attract world-class talent?
UBS Arena was made for music and will set the gold standard by curating personal, customer-centric, seamless experiences from the moment fans walk through the doors. In partnership with Oak View Group and the Azoff Company, UBS Arena is designed with artists in mind, offering a bespoke, back-of-house campus and the most efficient load-in/load-out services. UBS Arena will be announcing world-class acts in the near future.
7. What changes are you making to the arena in light of COVID-19?
UBS Arena is committed to following CDC guidelines to ensure the arena presents an environment in which our guests can feel comfortable and safe. As UBS Arena continues tracking towards opening for the 2021-22 NHL season, we will continue to assess the environment to make it a safe place to enjoy entertainment and sports.
UBS Arena will employ a mix of cutting-edge sanitization technologies paired with operational staffing, contactless technology and cleaning solutions to ensure the health and safety of patrons and staff.
Strategies to be used include: Deploying three different wavelengths of ultraviolet light to inactivate viruses in front and back of arena; providing HEPA filtration to improve air change rates; and developing operational procedures that reduce the contact between staff and guests.
8. How is UBS Arena keeping sustainability top of mind with Arena development?
UBS Arena is building towards becoming the first venue of its kind in New York to be eligible to achieve certification under the LEED V4 Building Design + Construction rating system, while featuring state-of-the-art sustainable technology. Industry experts will be driving UBS Arena’s green initiatives, setting the bar within the market for sustainably built and operated, world-class venues.
9. How many jobs will be created by the project?
UBS Arena and the surrounding development will create 10,000 construction jobs and 3,000 permanent jobs to the region, expected to spur approximately $25 billion in economic activity. With 30% of those permanent jobs going to residents from the surrounding area. Also, 30% of contracting dollars for construction are going to state-certified Minority and Women-Owned Business contracts and 6% to Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Businesses.
10. What role will technology play in UBS Arena?
Venue technology is being constructed with a fan-first approach. UBS Arena will feature a state-of-the-art sound system that leverages sophisticated engineering acoustics to amplify the audio experience. Arena displays will include the largest scoreboard in New York with industry-leading high definition technology and two levels of high-resolution LED ribbon boards.
Additionally, the game presentation will offer dramatic theatrical lighting and ice video projections, wait times will be reduced through emerging POS solutions and payment systems, and guests will enjoy ultra-fast and ubiquitous Wi-Fi and mobile coverage powered by the latest generation of wireless infrastructure.
11. Will UBS Arena be easily accessible via mass transit?
20 million people are located within a one-hour drive of UBS Arena. Concert goers and sports fans will benefit from direct train connections to Grand Central Terminal (~25 minutes), Penn Station (~30 minutes) and the first new Long Island Rail Road station in almost 50 years. An additional $100 million investment in transit and infrastructure enhancements will benefit local residents and visitors for decades to come.
12. How can I get the most up to date information about UBS Arena?
Sign up to be contacted by one of our representatives and follow us on social media to never miss an announcement!
13. Who can I contact if I have questions about club seats or suites?
14. Who can I contact if I have questions about Islanders Season Ticket Membership?
15. Who can I contact if I have questions about partnership opportunities?
16. I am a Full Season Ticket Member for the 2019-20 and/or 2020-21 seasons. What is the process for selecting my seats at UBS Arena?
As a valued Season Ticket Member, you will be included in the priority Season Ticket Member window for selecting your UBS Arena seats, which will take place this fall. Look out for email updates providing more information on the specific process and timing. Additionally, your Account Manager will be in touch to answer any questions you may have. Please note that seat selection timing will be based on how long you have been a Season Ticket Member.
17. If I am a current Islanders Season Ticket Member and interested in club seats or suites, who should I contact and when?
Current season ticket members will get first priority for selecting club seats later this summer, so be sure to contact us today so we can include you in this priority window.
18. What do I get by placing an NYI Season Ticket Membership deposit?
By placing an NYI Season Ticket Membership deposit, you are signing up to become a Season Ticket Member for the Islanders’ 2021-22 regular season – the very first season of hockey at UBS Arena! As a new Season Ticket Member, you get to participate in an exclusive seat selection window prior to the general public. To learn more about how to further increase your priority order for seat selection, give us a call today at 888-NY-ISLES.
19. What do I get by placing a UBS Arena Premium Deposit?
By placing a UBS Arena Premium Deposit, you are securing your priority spot in line to purchase club seats at UBS arena. Club seats include premium seating in the lower bowl, a dedicated VIP entrance, and exclusive club access for all events that take place at UBS arena, including hockey, concerts, and more. For more information about club seats, give us a call today at 516-517-0640 or sign up here for a representative to call you.
20. As a current Islanders Season Ticket Member, do I need to place a deposit?
No, if you are an Islanders Season Ticket Member for the 2019-20 season or 2020-21 season, you do not need to place a deposit. You are automatically enrolled in the exclusive Season Ticket Member seat selection process, which will be the first window to claim seats in the new arena. By selecting your seat, you are renewing your membership for the 2021-22 season. Contact your Account Manager today to learn more about our priority process!
21. If I am not a current Islanders Season Ticket Member, do I need to place a deposit to become a Season Ticket Member for the 2021-22 season?
No, you do not need to place a deposit in order to become a Season Ticket Member for the 2021-22 season at UBS Arena. However, by placing a deposit today, you are signing up to become a Season Ticket Member for the 2021-22 season, and you will have the opportunity to jump the line for seat selection. This priority seat selection window will take place after the exclusive window for current Season Ticket Members and before seats open to the general public.
22. Do I have to place a deposit to buy a club seat at UBS Arena?
No, you do not need to place a UBS Arena Premium deposit in order to buy a club seat at the arena. However, by placing a deposit today, you are securing your priority spot in line to purchase club seats. This priority seat selection window will take place after the exclusive window for current Season Ticket Members and before seats open to the general public.
23. Where can I place a deposit?
You can place a deposit right here.
24. What are the costs for the various deposits?
The UBS Arena Premium deposit and NYI Season Ticket Membership deposit are each $250 per account.
25. Are the deposits refundable?
Yes, the deposits will be refundable should you choose to waive your spot in the seat selection process.
26. How many deposits do I need to place?
You only need to place one deposit per account.
27. How many seats will I be able to purchase if I put down a deposit?
Following your deposit purchase, your personal Account Manager will call you and offer assistance in finding the perfect number of seats for your needs.
28. Will the deposit act as a credit towards my overall purchase?
Yes, your deposit will be applied towards your overall purchase. If you place an NYI Season Ticket Membership deposit, the funds will go towards your 2021-22 membership. If you place a UBS Arena Premium deposit, those funds will be applied to your club seating purchase.
29. What happens after I place a deposit?
After you place a deposit, you will receive a confirmation email for your purchase. A representative from our team will then follow up with you to introduce themselves and provide more information about the UBS Arena seat selection process and your priority window.
30. When will the seat selection process begin for NYI Season Ticket Membership for the 2021-22 season?
The seat selection process for Season Ticket Members will begin in the early fall.
31. When will the seat selection process begin for UBS Arena Premium club seats?
The club seat selection process will begin later this summer.
32. Who can I contact if I have questions about the UBS Arena Premium deposit?
33. Who can I contact if I have questions about the NYI Season Ticket Membership deposit?